Some mods crashing (Bieberfelde)

Achtung: Aktuell können keine E-Mails an die Provider GMX und WEB.DE übermittelt werden. Dies trifft auch auf die Aktivierungs-Mails zu. Wir werden betroffene Accounts, die neu registriert werden, manuell aktivieren und die Nutzer im Anschluss benachrichtigen.
Attention: We're planning to perform system maintenance. The board will be unavailable between 09:00am on January 24th, 2022 and 06:00pm CET on January 26th, 2022. More information
Information: The EMERGENCY community board is completely free and is financed by advertisement. Please deactivate adblocker if you use this site. Thank you!
  • Hello,

I would like to ask you guys a thing, I noticed that, when I play EM4, some mods for example Bieberfeld Bayern Mod 2.0, or Sittingen 2.1 (mainly Bieberfelde related) crashes immediatly after loading freeplay map, as soon as it ends, it goes back to desktop.
    Funny thing is that with the Bieberfelde 1.2 that doesn't happen.

I also noticed, this only happens if I play any other game prior to this mods, for example, if I played ETS 2, ATS, Post Scriptum, or any other game on my Steam playlist, some EM4 mods might crash after load screen.

I was wondering if I could anything to fix this? Because most of the times I have to turn off and on the computer again just to be able to play let's say, Sittingen mod...

Thank you!|

• We can see in the logfile that you're using an Intel UHD onboard graphics chip. Only dedicated graphic cards are able to handle Bieberfelde and their submods, but you should be able to play the LQ version of Bieberfelde.
    I guess the problem is that you're not having enough Video-RAM (onboard graphics do not even have their own VRAM, but use the systems RAM, so that is per default a problem) and the HD-textures and high-poly models are just too much for onboard graphics. And after playing other games, this could be even more of a problem if this memory isn't completely cleared. But this should be solved by restarting your computer.

• We can see in the logfile that you're using an Intel UHD onboard graphics chip. Only dedicated graphic cards are able to handle Bieberfelde and their submods, but you should be able to play the LQ version of Bieberfelde.
    I guess the problem is that you're not having enough Video-RAM (onboard graphics do not even have their own VRAM, but use the systems RAM, so that is per default a problem) and the HD-textures and high-poly models are just too much for onboard graphics. And after playing other games, this could be even more of a problem if this memory isn't completely cleared. But this should be solved by restarting your computer.

Hey there!

Thank you very much, first thing I managed to do to fix it, was to change the display (I had it 1920x1080), I changed back to something like 1024x768 and no more crashes, but still I tried to do what you said, and changed my graphic card, a switched to the Nvidia one, and now even with 1920x1080 it's not crashing anymore.

Noch einmal, dankeschön für das tipp!